My poor husband has to work today :( so I am taking this opportunity to have a huge mug of Thomas Sampson with a good deal of sugar crystals – I’ve been obsessed with these lately – I LOVE them:

and half and half! Pure comfort in a cup as far as I’m concerned :) A malty, honeyed (and even more honeyed with these sugar crystals with the molasses intact!) bready almost meal! I cut a minute on the steep time, and used a touch more leaf, and it made for a perfect cup.

I associate this style of tea – and tea with cream and sugar – to be so supremely homey that I think I would curl up and built a fort with my coat under my desk if I had it at work! I’m so glad I developed a taste for plain Chinese teas for work, because it makes my cream and sugar filled Indian teas that much more cozy for home.

ashmanra

This looks and sounds in the description like what some bread sites sell in 5 pound buckets or 50 pound bags called Sucanat. I have a small bag but I haven’t tried it in tea….yet! I think I will try it in an assam soon – you make it sound so good!

Comments

ashmanra

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong