Thank you Meghann M – I LOVE it!!!!!

Even though this is a chai, I did not make it stovetop. I took two bags and steeped them in my giant 16 oz mug with boiling water for 4 minutes. Some sugar crystals and milk and WOW. First you taste a delicious moderate spice, then there is a hint of sweet toasted coconut. I am REALLY impressed with this chai! It does spicy/sweet soooooo well.

So far I have loved both Zhena’s teas I have tried! I have a feeling that I am going to go to either Wegman’s or Whole Foods very soon so that I can sample more of her wares!!! :)

Jaime

I’ll have to keep my eyes open for this one. Is it very coconutty?

JacquelineM

No, not too. It comes across as a toasted sweetness more than coconut to me. I thought the spice was the main taste for me. As a person who usually slaves over the stove with loose chai and milk, having this lazy prep taste sooooo good was a revelation!

Jaime

I’ve never made chai on the stove…fairly certain it would end in a trip to the ER if I did. I’ll definitely keep on the lookout for this, or just go ahead and order it from their site.

Comments

Jaime

I’ll have to keep my eyes open for this one. Is it very coconutty?

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong