drank Tippy Yunnan by Harney & Sons

I think I found the (metaphorical) sweet spot for this tea (it’s still gutsy as hell): 175, 2 minutes. Increase by a minute each steep until you can steep no more! Strong, a little tarry, on the edge of almost-caramel. If I ever gave up my morning cup of coffee, I would make this instead. No tea invigorates me like this tea! My not so secret weapon on busy days – new student registration today – I need all the Tippy Yunnan I can get!

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong