There was only one tea I wanted today – Queen Catherine!

The house next to ours caught on fire, and burned to the ground. The firemen had to break into our house to make sure it wasn’t on fire, and our dog bit the firefighter in the face! Thankfully we were able to get his rabies vaccination certificate and all is as well as can be for our home, and none of our neighbors were injured, although they lost everything. It was very sobering and scary.

The Queen is keeping me even keeled and chin up as I plow through miles of work now that I’m finally back in the office today (as well as trying to keep up with scheduling repair people, insurance people, etc etc etc). The little bit of smoke in this tea is like the little bit of the virus they put in a vaccine. I’m reminded of the other side of smoke, and the impermanence and fragility of all this worldly stuff. Appreciate each day, each moment. You never know.

KeenTeaThyme

Oh my! I’m glad everyone is OK, but what a terrible thing to go through. I’ll be thinking about you and your neighbors. I hope things get better soon.

Doodleology

Oh my! Glad everyone is okay.

Angrboda

Gosh! That must have been scary. O.o Do you have to deal with smoke damage now, or have you been fortunate enough to avoid that as well?

On the upside you now know that your dog will protect your home against
burglars and not just come up to them to see if they want to scritch his ear. :)

ashmanra

Long live the Queen! She is the perfect tea to buck you up today.

SimplyJenW

Glad you are safe.

LadyLondonderry

Oh my stars!! Thank heaven you and your doggie (and your neighbors) are safe! I’m glad you have Queen Catherine to steady your nerves and keep you strong.

Dinosara

Wow, glad your house didn’t catch and that you all are safe!

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

Doodleology

Oh my! Glad everyone is okay.

Angrboda

On the upside you now know that your dog will protect your home against

ashmanra

Long live the Queen! She is the perfect tea to buck you up today.

SimplyJenW

Glad you are safe.

LadyLondonderry

Dinosara

Wow, glad your house didn’t catch and that you all are safe!

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong