This is a lovely Golden Monkey. Flavorful and balanced, and I really do taste what the description refers to as “apple skin” – specifically granny smith or another kind of green, tart apple. Second steep very good, a little sweeter and less tart but extremely flavorful.

Delicious, but different than the dulcet honey of Harney’s GM, which remains my Holy Grail (did anyone else hear that this year’s is not as sweet or did I imagine that? Has anyone tasted it since it has come back in stock?)! This is a very close second, and I’m actually quite pleased to have something a little off the beaten track to drink for a few months (I purchased 125g but I tend to drink these Goldens quick!) :)

ashmanra

Jacqueline, Mile did say that he was not happy with the GM he had found, and then a few days later it was in stock again. I don’t know if he found something he liked or just had to buy something he was not as pleased with. I am sorry to say that yesterday when I drank the new batch I was not paying close attention because we were having cake, too! It was very good, though. Today I took the leftover tea and reheated it. Review coming.

JacquelineM

I think you’d have noticed if it wasn’t up to snuff. :) :) :) I will send you some of this so you can taste the differences. It has a definite GM profile, but the tart and apple make it so different! Harney’s still has the #1 Monkey place in my heart!!!

ashmanra

Oh goody! I would love to try it! Getting a little box ready for you…

Comments

ashmanra

JacquelineM

ashmanra

Oh goody! I would love to try it! Getting a little box ready for you…

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong