We chose a very hot stretch for our little holiday from work, which has turned from many adventures planned to sitting at home in our pajamas in the air conditioning (for me, knitting and reading, which is really great, but we were supposed to go to NYC and our local art museum and and and!!!). I even prepared a picnic for today’s adventures because it was “only” supposed to be 90 (!!!) but sigh – the forecast changed to 97. Way too hot to be out and about enjoyably.

So! We have a beautiful pitcher of Earl Grey Supreme to enjoy at home. I brewed it much the same way as I did last time, but did the first steep at 4 minutes and second at 5 minutes. That little tweak made it even more delicious. You can taste the subtle differences in the blended tea base better. It’s just as refreshing, but even more elegant. I’m officially done playing around with the brewing parameters on this one – it’s perfectly suited to my tastes!

For posterity:

4 tablespoons Earl Grey Supreme
4 cups of water, boiled
steep for 4 minutes, strain into pitcher.

Boil 2 more cups of water, and steep that in the original leaves for 5 minutes, strain into pitcher.

Add sugar to taste (about 1/4 cup for me).

Let cool as long as you can, refrigerate before bed. Serve over a glass of ice. If taking on a picnic, fill your bottle up with ice, then pour iced tea over and seal.

Off to knit some more!!! xoxoo

P.S. My comments aren’t working, so if you said something and I haven’t written back, I apologize!

P.P.S I have another guest post at Unputdownables :) This one about Virginia Woolf :) :) :) http://unputdownables.net/2011/07/22/seven-reasons-why-i-love-virginia-woolf/

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Nice VW post, Jacqueline.