First stovetop chai of the autumn! Also, the first time trying this tea. Many many many thanks to Doulton!!!!!

I made it the usual way (cup of milk, cup of water, 4 teaspoons of tea simmered 8-10 min, generous squirt of honey) and it was exactly what I was craving. The spices were warming and delicious without being overpowering (black pepper was present but not obnoxious). It was full of cardamom pods which makes me extremely happy! I also love the fact that it’s fair trade and organic.

What a treat!

P.S. I have a book review on Unputdownables & you can win the book I reviewed, In the Kitchen Cooking School. Check it out: http://unputdownables.net/2011/10/06/the-kitchen-counter-cooking-school-by-kathleen-flinn/

P.P.S. I had a guest post there when my Steepster wasn’t working & it’s a little bit about tea! http://unputdownables.net/2011/09/23/bringing-out-your-inner-martha/

P.P.P.S. We are reading Anna Karenina together if you’re interested! I know there are many book lovers here on Steepster. Here is the reading schedule if you’d like to join in! http://unputdownables.net/2011/10/07/anna-karenina-read-a-long-starting-post/

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more
gmathis

I think I need a Kitchen Cooking School tutor of my very own. I’m absolutely culinarily hopeless :)

ashmanra

I finally had time to look at the links! I think I would love the Kitchen Counter Cooking School. I willl have to check for it in the library when I am stu k there for fifteen hours Tuesday for the municipal election!

Comments

gmathis

ashmanra

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong