A good morning: working hard and enjoying three steeps of Hot Cinnamon Spice. One of my magic teas that always improves my mood. It’s so flavorful and sweet sans additions. I hope to always have it in my cupboard in the fall and winter!!! I am noticing that the way I drink this a ton in fall and winter, I drink Earl Grey a ton in spring and summer. Interesting!

SimplyJenW

I was just thinking the exact same thing about my tea choices in the fall/winter, and the more light and citrusy teas in the spring and summer! In fact, I am putting off the Indian Nimbu and Citrus Blend (new!) that were on my order in favor of another pound of Hot Cinnamon and a tin of Apple Cinnamon!

JacquelineM

It’s so funny! I could match my tea logs to the weather reports. :)

ashmanra

I try and try to like this but it is too strong for me. I do like it mixed half and half with a good, plain black tea, though! I try it by itself every six months or so to see if my tastes have changed. So far, no!

gmathis

Your six-month comment makes me giggle … I try annually to learn to like oatmeal. I WANT to like oatmeal, I really do. (I’m doing the same occasional “is it getting better yet?” with Earl Greys.)

JacquelineM

gmathis – have you tried steel cut or Irish oatmeal? I am not too crazy about regular oatmeal (except in cookies and crisps!) but ADORE the Irish oatmeal. It takes longer but is soooooo good! I make it with a little cinnamon and raisins and when it’s done drizzle a little maple syrup on it, sometimes milk. It’s even good cold – tastes like rice pudding to me!

ashmanra

I agree with JacquelineM. Irish oatmeal is better! The texture is much nicer, and oh so good with a cup of Irish breakfast tea! We actually buy oat groats and roll them ourselves, but when I buy oats I get McCann’s Steel Cut or Bob’s Big Red Mill Steel Cut ( or thick, not sure how they word it) oats.

SimplyJenW

gmathis- I am a big fan of Oat Bran cereal. It tastes like Cream of Wheat, but is oh, so much better for you…. I usually add craisins, a little sweetener and half & half. Right now my brand is from Hodgson Mill.

Comments

SimplyJenW

JacquelineM

It’s so funny! I could match my tea logs to the weather reports. :)

gmathis

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong