drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Oh boy, I did it. I placed an order at Teavana.

They sent me a sample of a Youthberry/Wild Orange Blossom/German Rock Sugar concoction, and being a Caffeine Fiend (and this very low in caffeine) I was wondering how I would use it. Then I had An Idea – if it’s orangey, I can mix it with some Earl Grey! I love a little sugar with Earl Grey as a treat, and an orangey flavor can make an Earl go into Lady Grey territory. I sniffed at the tea, and it’s uber fruity, but nothing that would hurt an Earl Grey tea base.

I threw my sample ounce into a tin with my Harney Earl Grey Supreme and Bingo! This is delicious. Orangey and pineappley Earl Grey. Fruity, but you’d never doubt this was black tea. The little bit of sugar is complimenting the tea, but it’s not overly sweet. Lovely! I’m glad I was reckless and threw the whole sample in my tin!

You Rebel! ;)

JacquelineM

I was just thinking about you, because it reminds me of the Forntum Mason Countess Grey!

SimplyJenW

Ah, I tried to order some more Countess Grey, but will be seeking a replacement. My attempt to order at Fortnum & Mason was a complete disaster on their end.

Comments

SimplyJenW

You Rebel! ;)

JacquelineM

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong