drank Chance Combinations by Custom

1 heaping teaspoon Firefly Chai, Mountain Rose Herbs (a rooibos)
1 heaping teaspoon Honeybush Vanilla, Teavana

My husband wound up going to Trader Joe’s for our groceries instead of Wegman’s, so no replacing of Zhena’s Vanilla Chai. This is my attempt to make something like it…

…and it worked! Not only did it work, but I think it’s even better! the cardamom, cinnamon, etc in the Mountain Rose Herbs chai are so fresh and top notch that it brings this Chai up a level. I mention the cardamom specifically because I think it is that together with the vanilla which gives it that nutty flavor that you don’t get with chai alone. Fantastic with a little honey and a splash of milk.

I’m so glad I tried this, because it is not only delicious but actually much more cost effective – I have 7 oz of loose tea for about $10, and Zhena’s is $6 for 22 bags which only weigh 2.33 oz!

My favorites:
Chinese black teas
A good “milk and sugar” English style black
Earl Grey (classic, and in all variations!)
Vanilla teas (classic, and in all variations!)
Jasmine, Rose, Violet and other froofy, flowery teas!
An Occasional Oolong