drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

I got a sample in a swap of this from The DJBooth so I’m testing it out and writing it up! Brewed, it smells very much like a sweet cranberry but you can almost feel the aroma of the bitterness in the berry too. I think that extra sweetness comes from the pear and apple pieces. My first sip…delightful! I was expecting more of a bitter black tea taste for some reason and my palate is filled with an almost creamy crisp fruitiness. I taste more of the pear and feel the aroma of the cranberry. There is no unwanted bitterness to this tea!

I am not a huge fruit tea drinker, but this may have made me more open minded, it tastes so festive and crisp. This is also my very first sip of any Davids Tea. I think once it cools down, as with most teas, the flavors will be even more apparent. But even freshly hot, I’m really appreciating the feel and flavors in this tea!

Born and raised in Connecticut, went to college in Vermont, and moved back to work after a year of service.

I love sweet, decadent, desserty teas the most but I also appreciate a strong refreshing cup of green or white tea. I recently started a matcha smoothie morning, sometimes mate or black tea, then black tea and rooibos throughout the day, and whatever my little heart desires most when I get home from work!

I’m obsessed with Della Terra, DAVIDs, and 52teas because they have the best dessert teas but also have a selection of some more straight things too. Recently tried Simpson and Vail and LOVE them too!!

I don’t have a rating system, I just kind of guess. I think I should make a rating system…

85-100 I want this in my cupboard always
75-85 I like it but I’m not rushing out to buy more immediately
60-75 Probably not going to want more than the sample
40-60 I don’t like this tea, I wouldn’t recommend it, and I won’t drink it again
0-40 This wasn’t even worth the sip.

Ok let’s try that for a bit now.

Vermont