drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

Thank you Rachel for the sample of this!! I’m such a big mate fan and was really excited to try this, it’s the first out of the awesome swap with Rachel!

I think I should have used more tea, but even with the little I used, it tastes like hot chocolate to me. I have a really bad cold so I can’t quite smell it and my taste buds are most likely a little skewed. I can clearly taste the roasted mate, which I love, and the chocolate is a milk chocolate flavor, but not so overpowering that I can’t tell it’s a mate.

I’ll have to brew a stronger cup when I’m not sick to rate it fairly, but I like it so far!!

Born and raised in Connecticut, went to college in Vermont, and moved back to work after a year of service.

I love sweet, decadent, desserty teas the most but I also appreciate a strong refreshing cup of green or white tea. I recently started a matcha smoothie morning, sometimes mate or black tea, then black tea and rooibos throughout the day, and whatever my little heart desires most when I get home from work!

I’m obsessed with Della Terra, DAVIDs, and 52teas because they have the best dessert teas but also have a selection of some more straight things too. Recently tried Simpson and Vail and LOVE them too!!

I don’t have a rating system, I just kind of guess. I think I should make a rating system…

85-100 I want this in my cupboard always
75-85 I like it but I’m not rushing out to buy more immediately
60-75 Probably not going to want more than the sample
40-60 I don’t like this tea, I wouldn’t recommend it, and I won’t drink it again
0-40 This wasn’t even worth the sip.

Ok let’s try that for a bit now.

Vermont