drank Mocha Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

The mocha matcha is the first flavored matcha from Red Leaf that I truly get a hint of the flavor in my sip. I have only ordered the delicate flavoring because I wanted to get used to the taste of matcha and make sure I like the actual tea and not just the flavor. So this one I made as a hot cup this morning and was kind of surprised it tasted to strongly!

I’ve always thought of mocha as more of a chocolate than a coffee flavor but this matcha is an awesome balance of the two. It’s smooth and rich and it has a naturally robust flavor without any artificial sweetness, and with an extra and actually pleasant bitterness. I say pleasant because to me mocha is bitter and this is true flavor.

I’ll definitely finish my bag of it, but I don’t think this is a flavor I will reorder. I really loved the English Toffee flavor and recently tried and enjoyed the Caramel too. I think I prefer more of a desserty flavor or a fruit flavor matcha, especially if I’m putting it in a smoothie.

You can buy your own delicate mocha matcha here:

Born and raised in Connecticut, went to college in Vermont, and moved back to work after a year of service.

I love sweet, decadent, desserty teas the most but I also appreciate a strong refreshing cup of green or white tea. I recently started a matcha smoothie morning, sometimes mate or black tea, then black tea and rooibos throughout the day, and whatever my little heart desires most when I get home from work!

I’m obsessed with Della Terra, DAVIDs, and 52teas because they have the best dessert teas but also have a selection of some more straight things too. Recently tried Simpson and Vail and LOVE them too!!

I don’t have a rating system, I just kind of guess. I think I should make a rating system…

85-100 I want this in my cupboard always
75-85 I like it but I’m not rushing out to buy more immediately
60-75 Probably not going to want more than the sample
40-60 I don’t like this tea, I wouldn’t recommend it, and I won’t drink it again
0-40 This wasn’t even worth the sip.

Ok let’s try that for a bit now.

Vermont