drank Aloha Pu'erh by DAVIDsTEA

I have never been a fan of Pu’reh teas and this blend did not make me a convert. I was feeling adventurous and picked up a small sample size not realizing that it had actual dairy in it – my fault for not reading more carefully. Given that I am lactose intolerant I should have cut my losses there … but alas no, I decided to have a moment of poor judgement and went for it. In looking at the blend there didn’t appear to be THAT many pieces of chocolate BUT I was so very, very wrong. The result, a very odd tasting blend followed closely by hours of nausea. Even without getting sick (due to my own stupidity) this was not one of the better blends from DavidsTEA – Pu’erh or otherwise. The dry tea scent leaves much to be desired and the brew is a combination of a sickly sweet and an odd creamy flavor with a rather unpleasant aftertaste. I thought that this could just be my natural aversion to dairy but even my cat turned away from this one. Sorry, this is not a keeper in my books.