-Preface
Literally my first sheng so no reference point. I remember hearing somewhere shengs under 10 years old are undrinkable so I was bracing myself. I was shocked to see what a difference sheng and shou are in appearance and smell of both dry and wet leaves as well as liqueur, the liqueur was night and day. Onto to the review
-Review
The dry leaves smelt of slight smoky/woodsy/dry like the day after a camp fire. The first few steepings were smokey but not overpowering. Then after a few more the infamous sour/bitterness of young sheng ive been hearing about. It wasn’t as unpleasant as I had imagined, in fact it reminded me of good dark extra virgin fruity olive oil with the same spiciness at the end.
Overall my first sheng experience so cant give a numerical rating but it would not be something I craved normally, It might be something Id reach for after a heavy meal and did not feel like a shou or perhaps paired with fruits for some reason I think it would be good with a bowl of juicy melons(random).

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Reputable Companies I have narrowed down to over the years and my personal purchase preferences from each

Origin tea (Gao Shan Oolong)
Eco Cha (Taiwanese Teas)
Norbu (General all around good site)
Rishi (Great starter to get footing also daily drinker staples and high quality teaware)
Yunnan Sourcing (Teaware, Black, Pu er)
White2Tea (Pu er)
Essence of tea (Pu er)
Yuuki-Cha (Japanese Teas/Teaware)
Den’s Tea (Japanese Green)
Teavivre (Chinese Teas)

“You can go a week without food, but not a day without tea."

Numerical rating personal meaning
70-75
#Bulk#
Drinkable but would not purchase

76-80