Super temperamental, not sure if its inconsistency with batches or my brewing or a combination (had lots of variances in smell and taste batch to batch with other teas from adagio in the past) . Nothing special, plain and simple, gong fu pretty well surprisingly and 120% in need of a rinse very prone to going bitter super quick. Make sure to let fanning/dustings to pour of with the rinse and I might even do two. Once I treated it like a bai hao (Infusions as quick as possible and water as hot as possible) it actually yielded a much better cup and fairly fruity as well. I feel like im chasing the dragon with this one though, the first time it brewed an amazing sample tasted like a dancong on steroids(super peachy, apricoty, sweet, floral) so then ended up buying a bunch because it was my new favorite(more than I care to admit) and now at best with a lot of time and effort, its a sub par fruit darjeeling profile.

Flavors: Grapes, Stonefruits

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
mrmopar

I call it “Tuition” tea. Teas like this are the price we pay to learn about good tea. I have a lot of “tuition” tea also, but hey it’s part of the learning curve :) .

Comments

mrmopar

Reputable Companies I have narrowed down to over the years and my personal purchase preferences from each

Origin tea (Gao Shan Oolong)
Eco Cha (Taiwanese Teas)
Norbu (General all around good site)
Rishi (Great starter to get footing also daily drinker staples and high quality teaware)
Yunnan Sourcing (Teaware, Black, Pu er)
White2Tea (Pu er)
Essence of tea (Pu er)
Yuuki-Cha (Japanese Teas/Teaware)
Den’s Tea (Japanese Green)
Teavivre (Chinese Teas)

“You can go a week without food, but not a day without tea."

Numerical rating personal meaning
70-75
#Bulk#
Drinkable but would not purchase

76-80