Actually took the time to gong fu this tea and it sounds dumb saying it (I brewed EVERYTHING else in a gaiwan) but I was surprised what a difference it made. As per teavivre’s parameters I brewed this in a gaiwan open lided 3g/3oz water. Every single infusion was no longer the yellow color I was accustomed too but actually a very pale translucent green. I rushed through the first few steepings not taking note of the flavor other than different than tall glass brewing, much sweeter and no astringency or bold dragonwell bitter brothy taste I was expecting. The last steeping I actually focused and got a cooked zucchini flavor which was quite pleasant.

I put more value in this tea and will try gong fu cha with green tea more often. Since the tea has arrived I have gong fu, tall glass and grandpa style brewed this I think my favorite is still generic open lid tall glass because I like my greens strong 90% time but an interesting experiment and a note worthy tea at just over $5/oz a strong candidate for a staple daily drinker.

3 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Reputable Companies I have narrowed down to over the years and my personal purchase preferences from each

Origin tea (Gao Shan Oolong)
Eco Cha (Taiwanese Teas)
Norbu (General all around good site)
Rishi (Great starter to get footing also daily drinker staples and high quality teaware)
Yunnan Sourcing (Teaware, Black, Pu er)
White2Tea (Pu er)
Essence of tea (Pu er)
Yuuki-Cha (Japanese Teas/Teaware)
Den’s Tea (Japanese Green)
Teavivre (Chinese Teas)

“You can go a week without food, but not a day without tea."

Numerical rating personal meaning
70-75
#Bulk#
Drinkable but would not purchase

76-80