This is a weird one, good just strange. Not sure were this tea falls caffeine wise but since it is Gao Shan Cha it still possesses the tea drunk aromatic oils :) so I am super mellow and smiley. I’ve western brewed in the past but decided to gongfu today. The first few steeping I got tart dark cherries sour sweet and tart plum at the tail, later a strong berry flavor appeared and remained constant for the rest of the steepings. A sort of piney, woody maybe fruit branch flavor accompanied the fruity flavor. I say fruit branch since it still had the berry taste it reminded me of berry branches that some time make it through the sorting in the frozen berry mix I like to buy.

An interesting tea, not something Id reach for daily (also just realized it was $11/oz yikes) but definitely enjoyable and glad I got to try this one.

Flavors: Berries, Cedar, Plant Stems, Wood

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Reputable Companies I have narrowed down to over the years and my personal purchase preferences from each

Origin tea (Gao Shan Oolong)
Eco Cha (Taiwanese Teas)
Norbu (General all around good site)
Rishi (Great starter to get footing also daily drinker staples and high quality teaware)
Yunnan Sourcing (Teaware, Black, Pu er)
White2Tea (Pu er)
Essence of tea (Pu er)
Yuuki-Cha (Japanese Teas/Teaware)
Den’s Tea (Japanese Green)
Teavivre (Chinese Teas)

“You can go a week without food, but not a day without tea."

Numerical rating personal meaning
70-75
#Bulk#
Drinkable but would not purchase

76-80