drank Aislaby by Granville Island Tea Co

Life has hit a few bumps lately for me so it’s been awhile since I’ve had the chance to peruse Steepster. Those of you who are waiting on packages from me – I’ll deal with those in the next few days.

Now on to the tea. This particular tea is a Ceylon from the Uva region of Sri Lanka. I picked up the last time I visited the shop in the Granville Island Public market (which is a wonderful place, BTW) and according to the owner this one they only recently acquired.

To be honest I was expecting something with a bit more flavour. It has a generic tea taste and…that’s it, mostly. The body of the tea is quite light, even with an extended steeping but oddly enough I found I still needed to add milk in the end to smooth out the taste. It would make a good introductory loose-leaf black tea I think, or maybe for an afternoon tea where you don’t necessarily want a robust, full-flavoured brew.

DaisyChubb

We miss you around here!
Hang in there – life is full of bumps but you’ll get over them, I know it. You always have a community here to welcome you back with open arms :)

Kittenna

I’m with DaisyChubb :) Was wondering if something was going on, because you seemed to be a regular around here and then pretty much disappeared! Hope things settle(d) down for you…

Jillian