This is my first time trying guayusa and I’m both curious and a bit leery of the caffeine content. It smells like wet cut grass, which isn’t the most auspicious beginning, but what the heck. The flavour is also reminiscent of wet grass…at least at first. It then turns into something that manages to be slightly savory and slightly spicy and something I really can’t put a description to. There’s a nice hint of vanilla tucked in there and some bright citrus note. I finished about half the cup and put it down to do some laundry and promptly forgot about it. That half cup was still enough to give me a mega jolt of energy – luckily I had lots of stuff that needed doing, otherwise I would have been bouncing off the walls!