drank Cleansing Tea by Herbal Republic

I’m not sure why I decided to get this particular tea, I think it just caught my eye when I was rambling through the Teaz Tea (Herbal Republic is their brand) shop on Granville St in Vancouver last year. Any how, I found it tucked away in the back of my cupboard today and decided to give it a try.

The dry tea smells quite spicy almost as if chili pepper had been added to it, though I guess that might be partly due to the ginger. Interestingly the flavour itself wasn’t spicy at all. Instead the tea tasted lightly sweet and herbal with a hay-like note – from the clover maybe? Not sure if it’ll cure all my ills but it’s a pleasant tisane to drink late at night.