drank Cherry Almond Gunpowder by 52teas

Have you ever opened a bag of tea and it smelled so good you wanted to eat the dry leaves then and there? That’s what this tea smells like to me – it reminds me of the awesome almond cherry biscotti my dad makes.

The tea brewed up quite dark for a green tea, like many gunpowder greens. That base was a pretty good choice because it gave the tea more of a robust slightly smokey base rather than a light vegetal one liked you’d get with a sencha. The almond and cherry (two things that I absolutely love BTW) blend very well with it and the end results weren’t artificial-tasting at all. Two thumbs up, Frank.

British-Columbia, Canada