drank Holiday Chai by Stash Tea Company

The local Bulk Barn had a bunch of boxes of holidays teas on for super cheap so I picked this one up. It smells absolutely delish, like fruit cake – the good kind of fruit cake that’s homemade and soaked in booze (I’ve never understood the fruitcake hate – I can’t wait to try my aunt’s fruit cake every winter).

Unfortunately the scent didn’t transfer over to the flavour – at least not initially. I had to add a bunch of milk and honey before the flavours came out. With those additions it was nice enough though I would have liked a bit more spice. Cloves are probably the most prominent spice present that I can taste, and the sweetness of the honey brings out the rum flavour which I couldn’t taste before.