It took a great deal of fiddling and several cups dumped down the drain before I could get this tea to taste like something that wasn’t a variation of ‘hideously bitter’. I don’t know what it is about this particular tea as I haven’t had any trouble with other Darjeeling First Flushes before, but it seems very sensitive, particularly to water temperature.

The flavour is a still a bit astringent but more along the lines of what I’d expect out of a Darjeeling tea. The flavour is light (definitely NO MILK with this one) and rather crisp but it also has a distinctly sweet, almost honey-like finish that lingers in the mouth. Overall a very finicky tea but it’ll reward you when it’s done right.