drank Tung Ting Vietnam by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve never tried a Vietnamese tea before, although apparently there’s a fairly big tea industry in the country – it’s just that little of it seems to get imported to N. America. The tea is loosely rolled into balls – or maybe a more accurate description is lumps. Dry they have a fresh green scent but as they steep the tea takes on the floral scent I’m familiar with in green oolongs. The tea is gently lilac flavoured though most tung ting have a roasted or baked undertone while this one has what I would call a mineral taste instead. I wouldn’t consider this the best tung ting I’ve ever had, but it’s certainly decent quality-wise.