drank Orange Sencha by Den's Tea

It’s another tea from Den’s Green Tea Sampler and it’s probably my favorite that I’ve tried thus far. The scent when I opened the little packet was exactly like a freshly-peeled Navel orange and I could see some fairly large and numerous bits of dried orange peel mixed in with the sencha leaves. The sencha itself looked fairly broken-up although that might just be because it’s a sample and more crushable.

I didn’t think that 30 seconds would bring out much orange flavour, but it was surprising how much actually came out in the flavour of the tea. The orange has a bit of bitter tang, but at the same time the tea as a whole has a smooth, almost creamy-feeling taste which I found truly delicious.

The re-steep (@15 seconds) was still quite flavourful, though it tasted a bit thinner and more grassy/vegetale, like I’d expect from a sencha tea.

Ricky

It seems to work well for three steeps and then it dies =(

Jillian

Are all of Den’s flavoured senchas that way?