drank Black Powder Blend by Luka Te m.m.

Angrboda was kind enough to send me a generous sample of this tea and I was terribly curious to see what it was like, so I decided to brew up a cup of it tonight. First of the all the dry tea practically reeked of campfire/BBQ and the smell permeated the house as I steeped it. I think my nose became habituated because I couldn’t smell it after awhile steeping, but the boyfriend-creature walked in the door, gave me a look and said “You’re making that smokey tea, aren’t you?”.

I was pretty worried at that point since Lapsang Souchong tastes like liquid BBQ to my palate and I was worried that this tea would have a similar flavour as, from the smell of it, it obviously has a large helping of that particular chinese tea in it.

Much to my relief it wasn’t nearly that bad – the smokiness was about on par with the Russian Caravan I got from Murchies recently. There’s a distinctly green note in the middle of each mouthful that I think serves to mellow the flavour.

It’s a really interesting blend, thank you Angrboda! :)

Angrboda