So continues my quest for the perfect dark formosa oolong. The dry tea has a spicy-ish smell to it. Brewed it has quite a pungent, almost woodsy sort of taste with a strong bakey flavour accompanying it. I noticed that it took on some fruity notes and taste a little bit sweeter as it cooled off.

The second steep (@3:30) has a sweeter, more developed fruity flavour and it tasted less bakey than the first round.

gmathis

I’m still trying to figure out the brand name of the bulk 31-cent-an-ounce oolong I get at a local health food story. It behaves a lot like you have described above. If I discover it, I’ll pass along…

Jillian