drank Bai Lin Gong Fu by Canton Tea Co

This tea is being reviewed for Mike Morton’s tea log – It’s All About the Leaf. Check it out right here: http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/

This tea’s appearence intrigues me – long, thin tightly-twisted leaves of black and gold that have a sweet, malted scent. The tes tastes quite light – no surprise considering the steeping parameters. Yet it still has a full, distinct flavour that doesn’t come across as weak or watery at all. It’s malty with a bit of bakeyness and a surprisingly smooth and sweet character for a black tea. It reminds me a bit of Yunan teas that I’ve drank, but in comparison those were harsher, less refined cousins of this delicious tea.

EDIT:
Okay that took a bit longer than I thought it would – I had a hideous headache and had to go to bed. The resteep of this tea is less sweet than the first one but it still carried distintive malty notes. The taste almost reminds me of Ovaltine – that classic malt drink.

I’m really enjoying this tea, it’s a great find and I glad I got Mike to send me some to review. I’ll certainly be sad when my little sample is gone.