drank Strawberry Matcha by 52teas

I’m trying out my new matcha chawan that I got in vancouver during Boxing Week. It was on sale for only $10 at a nice Japanese ceramics place in Kitsilano – I was pretty proud of that find. I noticed that it seems to keep the matcha warmer for longer than the old bowl I was using before did – I’m happy I don’t have to chug my tea so quickly any more. ;)

I went with 1 tsp in 3/4 cup (6 oz) of water this time and I noticed that the strawberry flavour was noticably stronger although it’s still sort of a slightly bitter/un-ripe strawberry flavour rather than the sweet, ripe flavour the smell suggests. I’ve also noticed that using this much matcha gives the tea a distinct powdery taste that I don’t particularly care for.

175 °F / 79 °C