drank Golden Bi Luo by Chicago Tea Garden

This tea looks so neat with its little gold and black coils – I’m used to only seeing green teas rolled like that (the usual Bi Luo Chun) so this is an interesting change. The first steep was only for 1:30 minutes but still yielded plenty of flavour – if the strength of the tea was any indication I wouldn’t do the initial steeping for any longer. It has what I’d call a typical Yunnan flavour, a mix of malty and smokey flavours with a hint of bitterness. It’s got quite a punch to it, so subtle this tea most definitely is not.

The second steeping at 3:00 minutes was more mild but still very flavourful. I imagine I could get at least two more steepings out of these leaves if I had the time – unfortunately that experiment will have to wait for another day as I have to run off to work right now. :(