drank Ginger Ale Bai Mu Dan by 52teas

Tea number nine from the Holiday Sampler today. It’s probably a familiar story – when Frank first blended this tea I dithered about whether or not to buy a pouch and of course by the time I’d made up my mind, they were all gone. It’s nice to see what I’ve been missing out on, although a little sad since once the two teaspoons-worth in the sample are gone – it’s gone.

The gingerale smell from this tea is lovely, sweet and gingery in an almost floral way – though maybe that’s the influence of the bergamot. The flavour doesn’t quite nail it, there’s a bit too much emphasis on the citrus flavour of the bergamot and not enough on the ginger itself. Maybe it would have been better to use lemon and/or lime peel instead to mimic the flavours. None the less, it’s a nice, enjoyable tea and the white tea base is perfect for it, supporting the flavours without overwhelming them.

52teas

“It’s nice to see what I’ve been missing out on, although a little sad since once the two teaspoons-worth in the sample are gone – it’s gone.”

Actually, we’ve been bringing back the 12 Teas one by one in the “Revived” section of our In Stock page:

Comments

52teas

British-Columbia, Canada