drank Lavender Oolong by Naivetea

The initial aroma is rather strong, especially if you’re not used to lavender. However, I find that once steeped, the lavender settles down and doesn’t overtake the oolong’s natural notes, which is both surprising and pleasant. Quite relaxing for a late-night tea, as anything with pure lavender usually is.

I’m your average 30 y.o. guy, I’ve been a tea drinker for almost 10 years, back when it was still an “old grandma’s drink” and before the whole “tea revolution” started kicking in recently.

I have diverse tastes but my tea of predilection is wulong (oolong). I also dig pu’ehr, usually the shou varieties. So yes, I tend to go for the deeper, more oxidized and intense flavors. I’ll have white, black and even the odd rooibos. However, green tea and me don’t get along so much, except in rare cases.

Don’t expect pretentious, high-strung reviews/notes from me, I definitely consider myself an avid tea enthusiast but not a connoisseur or expert.

Montreal, Canada