drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

This is the first tea that I am trying from Butiki Teas and I’m excited. I didn’t really know what tamarind tasted like before this, but the dry leaves smell of caramel and vanilla. The tea is malty and kind of earthy tasting. There is a slight spiciness about this tea, but not a peppery spiciness, more of a sweet type of spicy. I can taste a little bit of a rich cocoa flavor in the aftertaste. This is definitely a uniquely flavored tea. I’ve never had a tamarind soda before, but I think I would like it after tasting this tea. Thanks Alphakitty for the sample!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs with small bright reddish orange petals.
-Dry leaves smell like caramel and vanilla. Tea liquor aroma is of black tea, cocoa and sweet caramel.
-Tea liquor is a clear light golden brown color.
-Malty and earthy caramel flavor with a sweet spicy finish. Small rich cocoa aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. A unique cup. Earthy, deep and sweet spicy flavor.

Alphakitty

So glad you like this! It was originally my custom blend I I feel oddly proud when it gets good reviews haha (even though I know it is all because of Stacy’s amazing blending)

Josie Jade

Haha, that’s so much fun that it’s a custom blend, I would be proud of this one too! I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it so much and am having to restrain myself from making a second cup of it! :)

Butiki Teas

Alphakitty-You should feel proud! You came up with the idea and we worked together to figure out how it could work. I certainly wouldn’t have tried making it without you. :)

Comments

Alphakitty

Josie Jade

Butiki Teas

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: