What an exciting day today has turned out to be! This morning my very first Della Terra order came, and I am super excited to try all of my new teas! I ordered two of the try me packs (these are great!!) so I have 10 new teas to try! I was hoping my order would arrive today, so that was very exciting when it did.

The next thing that happened was completely unexpected. I was in the shower and as soon as I turned off the water I heard all of these squeaking sounds. I just assumed that the cats had knocked something off the counter and were playing with it, or that it was one of the dog’s squeaky toys. I casually walked into my bedroom while brushing my teeth and about died – my cats had a mouse cornered and it was him who was squeaking away! One of my cats was pretty terrified of the mouse (they’re indoor cats) and the other one was sprawled out and just keep pushing him back towards her with one paw when he would start to run away (but not hurting him). I quickly scooped him up into some tupperware. I think he’s pretty young – he’s so tiny and scared. I gave him some bread, cereal and water and a toilet paper roll to hide in. People think I’m crazy, but I just can’t kill him. And I couldn’t let my cats kill him (if they even would, I doubt it!). So he’ll rest tonight and then we’ll let the little guy go tomorrow. And we will also be dealing with the door tomorrow – we got a new glass screen door just put on last week and they didn’t replace a certain part of the door frame and there’s a big gap at the bottom. Lo and behold that’s where the tiny mouse came through. We’ve lived here for 3 years and have never seen a mouse inside, so it has to be the new screen door. It certainly added some excitement to my day (and the cats thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well!)

On to the tea . . . Things have finally settled down so I can try my new tea! I picked this one to try first. When I was smelling all of them today this one lingered in my mind and I was thinking about it all day. The dry leaves smell like sweet cinnamon and raisins, and the tea has a spicy cinnamon and cookie aroma. There is a brown sugar and cinnamon flavor with a really nice aftertaste of warm oatmeal raisin cookie. You can tell this is a well blended tea because all of the flavors mesh together and complement each other without one standing out too much.

Ok, I just poured the rest of the tea that had steeped longer out of my little teapot into my cup and the flavor is SO much better. It’s everything that I noticed from the first cup but stronger. That just upped my rating. :) I feel like here is the amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie that everyone’s been talking about. Yay, I am very happy with this tea!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs with raisins and pieces of oatmeal.
-Dry leaves smell like sweet cinnamon and raisins. Tea liquor aroma is of spicy cinnamon and cookie.
-Tea liquor is a clear golden yellow color.
-Brown sugar and cinnamon flavor with a warm cinnamon finish. Sweet oatmeal raisin cookie aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener. Milk optional.
-Very good tea. Oatmeal raisin cookie flavors blended together very well. A smooth and comforting cup.

Cavocorax

Wow! That’s a lot of teas to try! I hope you enjoy them. I’ve been pretty happy with them for the most part.

TeaRunner

How is the little mouse doing?
I think you saved him – the cats would probably eventually kill him – or he would not survive the fatigue and stress.
Such a great story!

Serenity

What a comforting cup of tea after the dramatic rescue!
I am back…After I wrote that, I had to deal with a rescue of my own. My dog just brought in two snails. My daughter started screaming. The rescue is complete, no snails were eaten.
I think I need a cup of tea now! I was just going to comment that the tea sounds delicious and how kind you were to save the dear mouse!

Josie Jade

We released our little mouse friend this morning. He kind of looked around and then bounded off. We watched him leaping through the leaves/grass for a little while – he looked very happy! :)

Serenity – glad the snails were ok! Sounds like you’ve had a little excitement too this weekend!

Comments

Cavocorax

TeaRunner

How is the little mouse doing?
Such a great story!

Serenity

What a comforting cup of tea after the dramatic rescue!

Josie Jade

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: