drank Caramel by Kusmi Tea

This is my very first Kusmi tea! I have just about ordered from this company a couple of times, only to decide I would wait. So big thank you to whatshesaid for a sample of this! The dry leaves smell lightly of black tea and sweet caramel, and the tea aroma is of warm caramel. I’m probably still half asleep right now and the first sip took me by surprise, it’s pretty sweet on it’s own with a authentic caramel flavor and there’s a nice maltiness from the black tea. There’s a rich caramel aftertaste that is just like biting into a piece of caramel candy. I added a little milk and sweetener and it became a smooth cup, but this is one of those rare teas that I could actually drink without either one and be perfectly content. It doesn’t seem to oversteep, either. When I poured the rest from my teapot (where the leaves were still steeping) into my cup, the rich caramel flavor had only intensified, with no bitterness. This may be my first tea that it just caramel flavored, so I probably don’t have much to compare it to, but I am pretty happy with this tea!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell lightly of black tea and sweet caramel. Tea liquor aroma is of warm caramel.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium orange brown color.
-Malty and sweet caramel flavor and finish. Rich caramel aftertaste.
-Milk and sweetener optional.
-Very good tea. Lightly flavored. A smooth and sweet cup. Reminiscent of caramel candies.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: