drank St Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

This one called out to me this morning when I was trying to decide what tea to have. The dry leaves smell lightly fruity, like a fruity currant aroma. There is also a hint of sweet bergamot and caramel. The tea in the cup has a black tea and bergamot aroma. There is a malty flavor with a slightly sweet fruity finish. There is a strong citrus aftertaste that is just a little too lemony for me. I like this tea, but I don’t think it will become a favorite of mine. It’s a nice version of a light Earl Grey, but fruitier and sweeter. Thank you, whatshesaid, for this sample!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell lightly fruity and of sweet bergamot and caramel. Tea liquor aroma is of black tea and bergamot.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium orange brown color.
-Malty flavor with a slightly sweet and fruity finish. Strong lemony citrus aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Malty flavor with a hint of fruity and citrusy sweetness. Main flavor is sweet lemon.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: