I’m extra sleepy this morning. It’s been raining for two days straight here since that tropical storm is passing through, and I think it’s making our dogs and cats anxious or crazy. They’ve all been so ornery and into everything! The foster kittens were up all night long, and I was afraid that if I put them out of my room and shut the door that I wouldn’t hear what they were destroying. Even our laid-back greyhound has been a ‘velcro dog’ and is glued to my side, following me from room to room. Needless to say, I need the strongest cup of tea I can find this morning!

I’ve tried Peet’s Pride of the Port and loved it, so I am sure that I will like this tea. The dry leaves smell lightly sweet and malty, and the tea itself smells much the same, with the addition of a light floral note. The tea has a strong and sweet malty flavor and finish. There is a heavy malty aftertaste that is just wonderful – this will surley wake me up this morning! There is a slight bitterness, but nothing that a little milk and sugar won’t take care of. And this certainly is an ideal tea for milk and sugar – it is just perfect. It’s been a long time since I’ve had an Irish Breakfast, and this one is exceptionally good! Thank you to Serenity for this wonderful sample!

-Dry blend has small black tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell lightly sweet and malty. Tea liquor aroma is sweet and malty with a floral note.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium orange brown color.
-Strong and sweet malty flavor and finish. Heavy malty aftertaste. Slight bitterness.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Strong and sweet malty flavor. Perfect with milk and sweetener.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: