I’ve seen this one before in TJ Maxx and have been so tempted to buy it, but told myself to wait until I got my tea cupboard under control. I was so excited when Serenity sent me a sample to try! These little teabags are so convenient, especially for the first cup of the day. This teabag smells of sweet and malty black tea. The tea itself has a strong black tea aroma with a hint of sweet honey. I steeped this tea for 3 minutes, and it was still a very dark brown color with a slight bitterness in the flavor. This tea absolutely needs milk and sugar added, and it becomes a rich and smooth cup. This is a nice, strong black tea and does very well for that first cup of the day. I think I do prefer PG Tips to this one, however, but that may just be out of sheer habit.

-Round white teabag without a string.
-Teabag smells of sweet and malty black tea. Tea liquor aroma is of strong black tea with a hint of honey.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy very dark brown color.
-Robust flavor with a slightly bitter finish. Malty aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. Becomes a rich and smooth cup with milk and sweetener.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: