First cup of the day from the Traveling Tea Box. Last night was a somewhat late night, and even after sleeping in, I definitely needed something to wake me up this morning. My mom and I went to see Cesar Millan last night, and it was a very good show. That man amazes me with what he is able to do with dogs!

The dry leaves of this tea smell strongly of honey. I can detect a little baked cookies aroma. The tea itself smells wonderfully of warm cookies with a hint of sweet honey and nuts. The tea has a slight oily sheen on top, which I am guessing is from the nuts. I love biscotti, and the flavor of this tea is very close. The flavor is of fresh baked biscotti with a nuttiness to it and a honeyed sweet finish. There is a light nutty and bready aftertaste that is very satisfying. I added some sweetener, which really didn’t make much of a difference either way, but adding milk brings out a silky smoothness which feels quite nice. Now if we only had some biscotti in the house to go with this cup!

-Dry blend has small black tea leaves with slivers of nuts.
-Dry leaves smell strongly of sweet honey with a hint of baked cookies. Tea liquor aroma is of warm cookies with a hint of sweet honey and nuts.
-Tea liquor is a clear dark brown color with an oily sheen on top.
-Fresh baked biscotti and nutty flavor with a honeyed sweet finish. Light nutty and bready aftertaste.
-Best with milk. Sweetener optional.
-Very good tea. Sweet honey and cookie flavor. Silky smooth mouthfeel.

Veronica

I took some of this from the tea box, but I’ve yet to try it. I might brew myself a cup this afternoon. Your description sounds wonderful!

Josie Jade

I hope you like it too, Veronica! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it this morning! :)

Comments

Veronica

Josie Jade

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: