drank Fujian Baroque by Adagio Teas

My tea goal for this summer was to get through all of my loose-leaf teas to rate them and get them organized in my tea drawer. I did a quick count this morning, and if I drink just 2 teas a day I will finish them just in time before I go back to school. That way I can purchase new teas and not feel so guilty. The hard part is that some of the teas that I have left I just have no desire to try, but I am going to keep an open mind.

This is a tea that I’ve had for awhile. It is a nice tea, especially for breakfast, but nothing really stands out about it to me. I like for my plain, unflavored black teas to be super strong, and this one is just plain and mellow. I did enjoy some shortbread cookies with it this morning, and that made this cup so much better! Cookies always make things better, though. :)

-Dry blend has large black and brown tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell malty with a hint of sweet cocoa. Tea liquor aroma has malty and fruity notes.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium reddish brown color.
-Mellow malty flavor and finish. Velvety aftertaste with sweet fruity notes.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Fair tea. A mellow and plain flavored cup with subtle hints of malty cocoa and sweet fruits. Nothing really outstanding about this tea.

Terri HarpLady

Admittedly, there are teas in my cupboard that don’t really appeal to me either. They aren’t bad, they just aren’t what I want. I’m trying to drink them anyway, in hopes of reaching a sipdown, LOL, but I have so many teas that I actually LOVE & would rather be drinking. I should probably offer the unloved teas as a surprise box to some steepsterite.

Josie Jade

That’s exactly how I feel too, Terri! I am just trying to go through the dregs of my tea drawer and at least rate all of these teas so that in the future I don’t forget and purchase them again, haha! They will probably all end up in my swap pile, though. :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Josie Jade

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: