First tea of the morning and it’s not good. I’ve had this Royal Grey blend for a while, and I believe that it’s been discontinued. I think I had one cup when I first purchased it, and then it slowly moved towards the bottom of my tea drawer. The dry leaves smell heavenly of very strong bergamot. The tea itself has a grassy aroma with just a hint of bergamot. It has a very odd flavor of grassiness with a light bergamot finish. The aftertaste is really too bitter and just doesn’t go well with the bergamot at all. Adding a little sugar did help, but the bitterness is still there. This just isn’t the tea for me. :)

-Dry blend has a mixture of medium and large green tea leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell heavily of bergamot. Tea liquor aroma is of green tea with a faint hint of bergamot.
-Tea liquor is a clear bright medium yellow color.
-Fresh grassy flavor with a light bergamot finish. Slightly bitter and strong bergamot aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Poor tea. Unfavorable bitter note with a strong bergamot flavor.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: