I’ve had this little sample since forever and am just now trying it. I’m not crazy about coffee. I used to always think my mom’s cappuccino’s smelled SO good when I was little and would beg for a sip, and then was always disappointed. It’s like the way that vanilla extract smells . . . and then you taste it, ha! But I tried to keep an open mind about this one, because the dry leaves do smell very yummily of sweet caramel. The cup itself has more of a cappuccino aroma, but I can also detect a little of the rooibos. The flavor is nice enough. I can taste the rooibos up front, and there’s a caramel finish. The aftertaste is lightly sweet and strongly of rooibos. I wish the rooibos flavor was a little less intense and I would probably like this one a whole lot more. I’m saving the rest of this sample for my fiancee, who loves cappuccinos and coffee and doesn’t despise rooibos nearly as much as me. :) Thank you, KittyLovesTea for this sample!

-Dry blend has red rooibos with long yellow petals and pieces of flavoring.
-Dry leaves smell lightly of sweet caramel. Tea liquor aroma is of cappuccino with a faint hint of rooibos.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium reddish orange color.
-Soft rooibos flavor with a caramel finish. Lightly sweet and strong rooibos aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Fair tea. Sweet caramel flavor. Strong rooibos aftertaste.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I understand completely about the smell of vanilla extract and coffee. It always smells much better than it tastes!

Janefan

Same here re:coffee. The only “coffee” I ever liked were those International Foods tins of powdered “cappuccino” mixes (especially the “french vanilla cafe”!)

Josie Jade

Oh, I used to do the French Vanilla Cafe cappuccino mixes, too. I think it was just powdered sugar, probably!

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Janefan

Josie Jade

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: