I’ve cleaned the house, took care of the animals, did laundry, and sent the fiancee off to an out-of-town soccer tournament. I have a nice clean and quiet house all to myself this weekend!

I was really excited about trying this tea. I love coconut and I love chocolate. We got frozen yogurt this afternoon, and I had the sweet coconut flavor – it was delicious! I decided to keep the coconut theme going with my afternoon tea. The teabag smelled really strongly of dates with just a hint of coconut. The steeped cup had a fresh coconut aroma with just a hint of chocolate. The flavor is a little odd, because you can taste a grainy pasta-like flavor up front. It almost reminds me of the way some beers taste. There’s a bit of chocolate in the flavor also. The aftertaste is of nutty and sweet coconut with a hint of sugary caramel. I think the carob, barley and chicory in this blend work to make the coconut taste very fresh and natural. I like this tea, but I don’t know if I would purchase a whole tin of it. It kind of makes me crave pasta!

-Round unbleached teabag.
-Teabag smells richly of dates with a hint of nutty coconut. Tea liquor aroma is of fresh coconut with a hint of chocolate.
-Tea liquor is a thick medium brown color.
-Grainy chocolatey flavor and finish. Nutty and sweet coconut aftertaste with a hint of caramel.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. Unique grain-like taste. Very sweet coconut and cocoa flavor.

Janefan

I bet it’s the malted barley – it is used in making many beers! Sounds like an interesting blend. I’m always curious to see what Republic of Tea comes up with next, even though they are often hit-or-miss for me.

Josie Jade

They’re usually hit or miss for me, too, Janefan. More hits than misses, though!

Comments

Janefan

Josie Jade

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: