drank St Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

Smooth and easily recognized caramel flavor, complemented/sophisticated by the pitch-perfect level of bergamot, which is subtle. I’d prefer more depth of flavor, but it is a nice, easily drinkable tea. Astringent on the finish. Thanks to Crystal for tossing this into the swap!

Calla

This is one of my fave kusmi teas :) Glad you like it, let me know if you are up to any suggestions from that company :)

Jude

Sure! What are your favorites?

Calla

I love the Anastasia , which is an earl grey blend with orange blossoms. There is also Prince Vladimir which is a nice blended tea as well. My personal fave is a tie between the Genmaicha and the Jasmine Green.

Jude

Just checked out their reviews, the Genmaicha sounds most appealing, since I really have to be in the specific mood for one because they have such a strong flavor, but Kusmi’s apparently is much more subtle, so would be worth a taste. Thanks for the tip, Calla!

Calla

Hey no problem :) always ready to help others out in trying new tears :)

Comments

Calla

Jude

Sure! What are your favorites?

Calla

Hey no problem :) always ready to help others out in trying new tears :)

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: