I’m not a big rooibos fan but I’d like to enjoy it more because it’s healthy, plus I stop drinking caffeine by around 1pm, leaving a tea void in every day. So I’m always on the lookout for a nice evening tea, and this falls in that category. A pleasing complement of flavors — peach, mostly, and the rooibos is played down, almost on the order of a very faint dusting of cinnamon, though of course it’s rooibos, not cinnamon.

… If you’re reading reviews for this tea looking for a good, natural-ingredient rooibos blend, this one’s very smooth and palatable with a good deal of flavor, and you might also want to check out American Tea Room’s Choco*Late, which is a rooibos blend with cacao husks and vanilla beans.

I think it’d make a nice adult beverage but I haven’t given enough thought to which alcohol I’d add… maybe some type of brandy or bourbon. ’Scuse me while I make a second cup ;)

tattooed_tea

my favourite part of this review is the last couple of lines!

Comments

tattooed_tea

my favourite part of this review is the last couple of lines!

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: