drank Paris by Harney & Sons

Molly sent me a couple of sachets of this that she’d just picked up so they’d be fresh, how sweet is that? There’s such a wide spread among the Steepster reviews and I can see why a lot of folks would love this smooth, flavorful tea, though I fall among those who are less enamoured, because it’s a bit too perfumey for my taste. The flavors are nice enough: I think Rebeccah hit it on the nose, so to speak, by calling it cherry pipe tobacco (I’d pulled out cherry and tobacco as predominant before reading her post, funny). Dark berry and bergamot are also apparent, and something smooths it out, like vanilla, which makes an appearance in the immediate aftertaste. Strong berry fragrance but this is not a typical light-bodied berry tea, it’s much rounder.

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: