drank Cocoa Canela (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Now that I’ve tasted more chocolate teas, I’m dropping my rating on this, since the complementarity of flavors seems to be off balance, so sitting and enjoying a cup of this leaves me wanting something to be different, rather than kicking back with a big “aaah”… it’s overweighted toward a sharp cinnamon, at least in the sample I had. Also tried it with a little almond milk and that didn’t help, only diminished its character.

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: