This is my first silver needle, and it’s a standout among teas… maybe simply because it’s silver needle or maybe just this particular silver needle is this good, don’t know yet… but now that I’m in the door, I’m going to solve this mini-mystery. It is light, refreshing and sweet in the most natural, unassuming way. It tastes like a more sophisticated version of Juicy Fruit gum. Fragrance is a heavenly soft floral.

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: