drank Lapsang Souchong by Wegmans

Think woody campfire smoke, inhaled, then consumed as a liquid. Doesn’t make you cough, but otherwise this is pretty much my experience of this tea. Can be pleasant or not depending on your taste and your emotional associations with campfires. I could easily close my eyes and be transported back to some great times with this imagination-inducing tea. Drinking it straight would be an acquired taste, but I’ll blend this with other teas to add a bit of smokey depth.

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: